Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)¶
What is Cloud Failover?
Cloud Failover (CS) is an iControl LX Extension delivered as a TMOS-independent RPM file. Installing the CF Extension on BIG-IP provides L3 failover functionality in cloud environments.
Cloud Failover is:
- A declarative interface for configuring telemetry on BIG-IP
- atomic (CF declarations)
BUT… it is:
- not created to include a graphical interface (GUI)
Where can I download Cloud Failover?
Cloud Failover is available on GitHub and is F5-supported.
When is Cloud Failover a good fit and when it is not?
Cloud Failover is a good fit where:
- You require a simple method to upgrade the BIG-IP system without having to run the cloudlibs template
Cloud Failover may not be a good fit where:
- Declarative interface is not desirable
Which TMOS versions does Cloud Failover support?
Cloud Failover supports TMOS 14.1.x and later.
Does it matter if I use Cloud Failover in same network or across network?
Cloud Failover is agnostic to same network and across network topologies.
How do I report issues, feature requests, and get help with Telemetry Streaming?
- You can use GitHub Issues to submit feature requests or problems with Telemetry Streaming.