Document Revision History¶
|1.6||Updated the documentation for Declarative Onboarding v1.3.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Added support for revoking a license from a BIG-IP with BIG-IQ, as well as relicensing and overwriting a license (see Revoking a license using BIG-IQ).
* Added instructions for validating a declaration using Microsoft Visual Studio Code (see Validating a declaration).
* Added support for modifying a Self IP address.
* Corrected an issue in which all Self IPs would be updated if there was a change to any of them.
* Corrected an issue in which clustering was not working if ASM was provisioned.
|1.5||This documentation update release updated the style of this document.||01-28-19|
|1.4||Updated the documentation for Declarative Onboarding v1.2.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Added support for using Declarative Onboarding in a container (see Using Declarative Onboarding in a Docker Container).
* Added a new section on using JSON Pointers in Declarative Onboarding declarations (see JSON Pointers).
* Added a note and link about the Declarative Onboarding Postman Collection available on GitHub (see Prerequisites and Requirements).
* Added notes about the BIG-IP v14.0 and later Secure Password Policy (see If using BIG-IP 14.0 or later for details).
* Added new example declarations to Example declarations.
* Corrected an issue which would reject a CIDR of 1x on a Self IP address.
* Corrected an issue in which DB vars were not rolled back in the event of an error.
|1.3||Updated the provisioning examples to use a value of minimum and not minimal.||01-08-19|
|1.2||Updated the documentation for Declarative Onboarding v1.1.0. This version is fully supported by F5 Networks, and has moved to the F5Networks GitHub repository. Additionally, this release contains the following changes:
* Added support for using a BIG-IQ to license the BIG-IP (see Composing a declaration for licensing BIG-IP with a BIG-IQ).
* Added support for using arbitrary database variables (see DB variable class).
* Added support for assigning users to All Partitions (see User Class for usage).
* Added the option of not allowing Shell access when creating a user (see User Class for usage).
* Improved reporting for schema validation errors.
* Declarations now apply defaults from the schema.
* Corrected a clustering race condition when onboarding 2 devices at the same time.
* Fixed an issue that was improperly deleting objects which just had a property change.
* Declarations now dis-allow sync-failover device group with both autoSync and fullLoadOnSync.
* Declarative Onboarding now ensures that non-floating self IPs are created before floating self IPs.
* Declarative Onboarding now handles missing content-type header.
* Fixed an issue where device name was not being set if hostname already matched declaration.
|1.1||Updated the example declarations to change allowService from all to default, changed the tagging for VLANs to false, updated the Self IP section to include a trafficGroup and removed the floating parameter as it does not apply to Self IP.
Added a tip to Composing a Declarative Onboarding declaration for a standalone BIG-IP and Composing a Declarative Onboarding declaration for a cluster of BIG-IPs stating you can use GET to track the status of a declaration.
|1.0||Documentation for the initial release of F5 Declarative Onboarding||11-13-18|